We're a DevOps Accelerator
We help companies own their infrastructure in record time by building it together with your team and then showing them the ropes. We stick around for as long as it takes to see you succeed.
Our SweetOps™ process eliminates the guesswork so you get everything you need for a successful cloud migration from the bottom up. Whether it's supporting the development and creation of software for high-intensity data processing or meeting the strictest benchmark compliance (e.g. HITRUST, PCI/DSS, HIPAA, SOC2 Type II) from top-to-bottom, SweetOps™ has you covered. We've invested years to refine our methodology and develop the largest collection of Open Source terraform modules (over 200 modules!) so you don't have to waste any time getting started.
Let us help you.
We are a team of seasoned DevOps experts that specialize in rapid cloud migrations on AWS using Terraform. We get this stuff. Our reference architectures contain everything your business needs to operate efficiently and reliably. Everything is fully defined with Infrastructure as Code and well-tested with automated tests. Getting started is easy. Take our quiz to book a discovery call. If we're a fit, we'll sign an NDA and get started collaborating on our Engagement Workbook to collect all your requirements.
How it Works
Phase 1: Foundational Infrastructure & Platform
We'll work with you to build out the solid AWS multi-account architecture including VPCs, Subnets, SCPs, SSO, IAM roles, DNS architecture, etc. We'll deliver a fully automated multi-stage Kubernetes (EKS) or ECS platform solution. Then we'll empower teams to efficiently collaborate on infrastructure in a transparent and secure manner.
Phase 3: Foundational Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
We'll enable you to operate a stable platform with operational visibility into performance, trends, and events. You'll get an incident management architecture built on top of SLIs and SLOs.
Phase 4: Foundational Security & Compliance
We'll help you meet all your benchmark compliance requirements. Our customers are typically subject to strict SOC2 Type II, HIPAA, and PCI/DSS requirements. We'll enable the AWS Conformance Packs required to get you there and remediate all findings.
Let us help you with your cloud strategy. Our strategy for implementing local development environments is ideal for service-oriented architectures using docker-compose and can be leveraged for Continuous Integration testing as well. We have a comprehensive multi-account strategy for AWS that includes production, staging, dev/sandbox, identity, security/audit and testing accounts to ensure environments share nothing. We practice automated GitOps style rollouts for kubernetes and terraform. Our end-to-end release engineering strategy will set you up with "Unlimited Staging Environments" with continuous integrations and automated deployments to all environments. We've mastered site reliability engineering leveraging Datadog and OpsGenie, delivering monitoring as code so you never miss a beat.
Leverage the best suite of open source technologies to deploy your software in the cloud and reduce years of technical debt eating away at developer productivity and platform stability.
Improve application responsiveness while at the same time reduce your cloud spend by driving up utilization. Use capital more strategically by understanding the total cost of ownership.
Gain the maximum advantage by operating from the cloud. Ensure your cloud infrastructure scales to meet future demand both from customers and your developers.
What we do best.
SOC2 Type II, HIPAA, PCI/DSS, HITRUST Compliance
Leverage the full suite of AWS security oriented offerings to achieve benchmark compliance. Use Audit Manager for automated evidence collection. Enable AWS-managed Conformance Packs together with AWS Config and Security Hub to automatically identify gaps in your security posture. Everything provisioned 100% using Terraform.
Migrate from Heroku to Kubernetes
Migrate from Heroku to Kubernetes on AWS for maximum flexibility and increased security. Lockdown your databases, cut costs and streamline your application deployment pipeline with literally "Unlimited Staging Environments" (think Heroku style "Review Apps") for any feature branch or pull request. Enable your developers to operate at their fullest potential.
Migrate to Amazon Web Services
We'll help you move all of your services to the AWS cloud and deploy them on Kubernetes. Whether you're in AWS already or in a data center, we'll help you transition from a classically managed Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt Stack environment to a fully dockerized environment running on Kubernetes (EKS) or ECS Fargate, all fully defined with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
Migrate to Kubernetes
We'll help you migrate from your legacy infrastructure to Kubernetes. You can run your entire stack to run on Kubernetes, complete with automated deployments, end-to-end application and infrastructure monitoring, and graphical dashboards. Everything is 100% Infrastructure as Code and deployed using GitOps style CI/CD pipelines.
Review Apps (aka Preview Apps)
We'll help you set up a release engineering strategy that supports spinning up new environments for any branch or pull request. Automatically notify QA teams when environments are online via Slack notifications as well as destroy environments when pull requests are merged or closed.
Cloud is a strategy
- You know you want to move to own your infrastructure. Our objective is to show you how to get there. Technology companies like Google and Netflix have developed innovative ways to manage your cloud infrastructure. Focus on your applications, not your servers. We want to give you the practical tools and the know-how so that you can run this yourself, but be there for you so you're never left hanging.
- Now you can take the next leap. Let us show you how. How to painlessly deploy software. How to avoid outages with every new release. How to perform rolling updates without any blackouts. How to do fast rollbacks by going back to exactly the version you were previously running. How to know the total cost of ownership. How to cut costs without cutting corners. It's not hype. Talk to us today.
Architecture & Design
Integration & Migration
Automation & Management
Frequently Asked Questions
Products & Services
- Based Open Source. Everything we do is available for free today on our GitHub. This is our proof we know what we're talking about. “What You See is What You Get” – no other company can provide such a comprehensive solution based on Open Source.
- Free Weekly Office Hours Our commitment to helping others is in our DNA. We want to make sure you get the maximum value out of your investment.
- Massive Community Adoption ensures our projects get regular updates and bug fixes.
“Rising tide floats all boats”
After working with so many startups over the years, it became very apparent that a lot of what tech companies need is repeatable. Also, figuring out how to get all the Open Source components working together was always a big challenge.
As consultants, we needed to find a way to consistently deliver the results our customers expect. Starting from scratch is simply not feasible if we want to scale our business.
Therefore we decided to use an Open Source business model whereby all reusable pieces of infrastructure code are released on our GitHub under the permissive Apache 2 software license. This ensures that we can continue to iterate on everything we develop for our customers. Everyone wins.
Cloud Posse does offer documentation as part of the engagements but the audience is for experienced developers, so if different documentation is required, these can be created upon request.
We provide entirely optional ongoing support for customers who've gone through our DevOps Accelerator.
By in large, most of our customers take over the day to day management of their infrastructure.
We're here though to help out anywhere you need it.
We do not provide 24×7 “on-call” (aka PagerDuty) support.
We'll deliver the end-to-end solution you've seen in all of our demos. It will be preconfigured for your environments under your AWS accounts. We'll create new GitHub repos that will contain all the infrastructure code you need.
Along the way, we'll show you the ropes and how to operate it. In the long run, you'll be responsible for operating it but we'll stick around for as long as you need our help.
We offer all of our customers’ ongoing support for as long as they need it. Choose what's right for you.
- We provide free weekly support via our “Office Hours” webinars every Wednesday at 11:30 am PST. These calls last one hour and we'll answer as many of your questions as we can.
- We also provide optional support retainers which include a fixed block of hours that go towards maintenance and support. You'll have direct access to our team via a shared Slack channel in addition to the ability to schedule one-on-one calls via Zoom.
Unfortunately, we're not able to take on small engagements. You can, however, join us every single week for 100% free “Office Hours”—where we seek to answer your questions. Just register for an invitation.
We hold our “Office Hours” every Wednesday at 11:30 am PT via Zoom. We're typically 30+ people on the call and all skill levels are welcome.
We help companies own their infrastructure in record time by building it together with your team and then showing them the ropes. We stick around for as long as it takes for you to become successful.
Our SweetOps™ process eliminates the guesswork so you get everything you need for a successful cloud migration from the bottom up.
- We Build Your Infrastructure. We implement everything you need from your cloud platform using Infrastructure as Code.
- You Own It. You achieve it in just a few months. We show you how to ride it along the way.
- You Drive It. Customize everything or anything you want. It's your infrastructure.
You get a predictable outcome that is delivered on time and within budget.
There are no long term commitments. No license fees. No strings attached.
Plus, we stick around for as long as you need our help.
Sounds like pretty good deal, right?
If you're interested in keeping us around after you're finished with our DevOps Accelerator program, we suggest a quarterly retainer that covers 3 months (120+ hours) that will enable us to continue to consult and support you.
This would include:
- Slack support via shared channels
- Zoom pair programming sessions
- Project management with direct Jira access
- Weekly status check-ins (for 120+ hour retainers)
Typical tasks include:
- Patch and update services (e.g. kubernetes and associated services)
- Keep infrastructure code current (terraform modules, helm charts)
- Support major version upgrades of Helm and Terraform
- Implement new infrastructure components, monitors, or environments
- Assist with triaging incidents and remediations
- Optimize performance and cloud spend
How we use the retainer is entirely up to you. We'll suggest tasks as they come up and add them to the backlog. We'll prioritize the work together with you on our check-in calls.
Tasks (and projects) are typically assessed by how much time we want to invest in them. We are happy to collaborate with you to help figure out the best use of our time, but we generally don't guarantee estimates and deadlines as part of ongoing support. This is why we recommend instead to timebox requests, that way you can stay informed if something takes longer than you had expected. It also gives the engineer(s) the ability to quickly communicate if the requested task is going to take shorter or longer than expected.
Our standard quarterly retainer size is 120 hours. You can expect to be provided with detailed billing reports and have direct communication with us every step of the way. We invoice retainers in advance of services under Net-30 terms. Additional retainers can be purchased at any time with written approval. In other words, any time you want to guarantee more bandwidth with us, all we need is an email approval.