That's a great question! Here's our philosophy:
- Learn by doing, not just by reading. First identify what you want to achieve (because you need a goal), then read and research enough to get started and go from there.
- Study our terraform modules. Every single one of our modules is a reference example for how to design and implement composable, re-usable, testable modules.
- Get started early writing tests. It's a habit hard to introduce later. We use terratest and everyone of our modules has a simple example of that.
- HashiCorp has invested heavily in their online curriculum and even offers certifications now. Their docs are free, check them out here:
- Check out our weekly #office-hours→ cloudposse.com/office-hours (podcast.cloudposse.com and youtube.com/c/cloudposse) they are free and you can ask questions and get answers from our community of experts.
- Hangout in watering holes like this one. You'll learn a lot in a short amount of time.