If you're interested in keeping us around after you're finished with our DevOps Accelerator program, we suggest a quarterly retainer that covers 3 months (120+ hours) that will enable us to continue to consult and support you.
This would include:
- Slack support via shared channels
- Zoom pair programming sessions
- Project management with direct Jira access
- Weekly status check-ins (for 120+ hour retainers)
Typical tasks include:
- Patch and update services (e.g. kubernetes and associated services)
- Keep infrastructure code current (terraform modules, helm charts)
- Support major version upgrades of Helm and Terraform
- Implement new infrastructure components, monitors, or environments
- Assist with triaging incidents and remediations
- Optimize performance and cloud spend
How we use the retainer is entirely up to you. We'll suggest tasks as they come up and add them to the backlog. We'll prioritize the work together with you on our check-in calls.
Tasks (and projects) are typically assessed by how much time we want to invest in them. We are happy to collaborate with you to help figure out the best use of our time, but we generally don't guarantee estimates and deadlines as part of ongoing support. This is why we recommend instead to timebox requests, that way you can stay informed if something takes longer than you had expected. It also gives the engineer(s) the ability to quickly communicate if the requested task is going to take shorter or longer than expected.
Our standard quarterly retainer size is 120 hours. You can expect to be provided with detailed billing reports and have direct communication with us every step of the way. We invoice retainers in advance of services under Net-30 terms. Additional retainers can be purchased at any time with written approval. In other words, any time you want to guarantee more bandwidth with us, all we need is an email approval.